Another Wednesday afternoon recording, so Jason could watch the Cardinals in the World Series. Speaking of baseball…
- We start by talking about how FOX and TBS have been doing with the baseball playoffs so far. We talk about how hometown fans think national announcers are “biased”, which repetitive ads we liked and which we didn’t, Tim McCarver calling his last World Series, and TBS’s surprisingly good studio show (complete with Keith Olbermann) (00:00 – 24:00),
- Then we talk about full season pickups for Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mom, The Crazy Ones and The Millers. We’re especially intrigued by the breakout of Allison Janney’s character on Mom. We then talk about the cancellations of Welcome to the Family and Ironside, trying to figure out why the hell NBC revived Ironside to begin with (24:00 – 52:30).
- The we talk about NBC’s decision to give Parks and Recreation a semi-hiatus, and why they want to prop up Sean Saves the World and The Michael J. Fox Show. We also talk about why fans should be careful what they wish for if they ask for more seasons of Parks (52:30 – 1:03:00).
- Then we talked about Ryan Murphy’s declaration that Glee will end after its sixth season (1:03:00 – 1:15:30),
- ABC is thinking about bringing back Body of Proof, and we wonder a) if they’re really that desperate, and b) why networks can’t do that with other shows they originally cancelled (1:15:30 – 1:22:00),
- Finally, we talked about the big Homeland twist last week, how silly it was, why it was so silly, and whether it brought us back to a show we were giving up on. Let’s say they’re only batting .500 with us (1:22:00 – 1:48:52).
You can listen to the podcast above (if you don’t hear anything, fiddle with the volume slider), download it via this link, subscribe to our RSS feed, or subscribe via iTunes. You can also find us on the Stitcher radio app for smartphones and iPads.
By the way, the bumper music is “Trevor Trailer Trash” from the late, great band Cropduster.