We thought we didn’t have much to talk about, but we end up going for almost two hours because we just can’t shut up:
- We talked about the Doctor Who Christmas special, the new companion, and why the Brits air Xmas specials while we in the States have to put up with repeats on Dec. 25 (03:50 – 13:15),
- Then we talk about The Walking Dead’s fourth season renewal, Glen Mazzara’s departure, and whether AMC just doesn’t want to deal with the “visionary” showrunner anymore (13:15 – 36:30),
- We then talk about How I Met Your Mother getting a ninth (and hopefully final) season (36:30 – 42:30),
- Then we talk about who won The X Factor, why Britney Spears is about to be fired, and why FOX wants to hold on to the show, despite all its problems (42:30 – 53:45),
- Then we talk about ABC airing Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B— on Sundays and Tuesdays and whether either show has a chance in hell of coming back next season (53:45 – 1:06:00),
- We then talk briefly about the passing of two great actors, Charles Durning and Jack Klugman. We pay special tribute to Klugman, who made both Oscar Madison and Quincy, ME into iconic roles (1:06:00 – 1:14:00),
- Finally, we talk about the fallacy of the year-end “best of” lists, because it’s hard to make a “best of” list when you haven’t seen everything. We did, however, talk about what we thought were the biggest TV-related stories of 2012, from the rise of hate-watching to the shows that ended long runs to the hype of Girls and other stories (1:14:00 – 1:53:37).
You can listen to the podcast above (if you don’t hear anything, fiddle with the volume slider), download it via this link, subscribe to our RSS feed, or subscribe via iTunes. You can also find us on the Stitcher radio app for smartphones and iPads.
By the way, the bumper music is “Trevor Trailer Trash” from the late, great band Cropduster.
Latest posts by Joel Keller (see all)
- AFT #114: ‘The Walking Dead’, ‘The Blacklist’, ABC Sitcom Shenangians, ‘Homeland’ and More - December 5, 2013
- Why ‘The Blacklist’ Needs More Than James Spader to Be a Top-Notch Thriller - December 3, 2013
- AFT #113: ‘Doctor Who’, ‘Walking Dead’, ‘HIMYM’, TV Deaths, Lucy Liu’s Boots and More - November 29, 2013