Our friend Will Harris joined us (eventually) for our mid-season review, but we had a few things to talk about first (sorry, no timestamps this week):
- We start by talking about Homeland without really talking about it, considering Jason hasn’t caught up and Will doesn’t watch it. So, despite last week’s crazy episode, you’ll have to wait for next week for us to talk more about the show. We did talk to Will about why exactly he doesn’t watch it, and what our pop culture blind spots are,
- At the 11:30 mark, we talk about the midseason finale of The Walking Dead, and why it’s getting good enough to allow us to shut off our brains and not pick out its flaws,
- At the 40:30 mark, Jason and Joel talk about The4 Voice and how Joel has lost faith in the ability of the American public to pick a proper winner. We also think Trevin Hunte is getting complacent and won’t win. There, we said it,
- Then, at the 46:20 mark, we go into the big mid-season review, where we discuss how all the non-cancelled new shows are going — Jason even gives them letter grades! — and we also talk about older shows that we think are either doing well or slipping badly. That takes about an hour, folks, and we reveal a lot of spoilers, so listen wisely.
You can listen to the podcast above (if you don’t hear anything, fiddle with the volume slider), download it via this link, subscribe to our RSS feed, or subscribe via iTunes. You can also find us on the Stitcher radio app for smartphones and iPads.
By the way, the bumper music is “Trevor Trailer Trash” from the late, great band Cropduster.
Latest posts by Joel Keller (see all)
- AFT #114: ‘The Walking Dead’, ‘The Blacklist’, ABC Sitcom Shenangians, ‘Homeland’ and More - December 5, 2013
- Why ‘The Blacklist’ Needs More Than James Spader to Be a Top-Notch Thriller - December 3, 2013
- AFT #113: ‘Doctor Who’, ‘Walking Dead’, ‘HIMYM’, TV Deaths, Lucy Liu’s Boots and More - November 29, 2013