Joel installed a new wifi router, which may explain why Jason’s side sounds slow and delayed. But who knows? Anyway, despite the glitches, we managed to talk about some fun stuff during a slow week:
- We start by talking about how Matt Lauer got lambasted during the Macy’s parade, Black Friday and how the insanity around the day could be media-created, and Joel grumped about how soon holiday programming is starting, something we come back to throughout the podcast (00:00 – 18:50),
- We then talk about the passing of Larry Hagman, discuss how versatile he was, how he went from comedy to drama way before Bryan Cranston ever did, and we try to figure out how the new Dallas series is going to survive without him, because JR Ewing was the best part of it (18:50 – 32:40),
- We then talk about Angus T. Jones and his religion-fueled rant against Two and a Half Men, how this feels different than Charlie Sheen’s rants, and what if any affect it has on the show… if it gets another season (32:40 – 54:30),
- We talk about Revolution’s fall finale and how we have real concerns about NBC’s biggest new show leaving the air for four whole months (54:30 – 57:00),
- We then talk about Parenthood, Shark Tank and The Middle, four fourth-season shows that are all of a sudden getting attention from critics and press, which gets us a little pissed off, since we tried to get people to watch those shows all along (57:00 – 1:18:00),
- We go into The Voice getting down to its final six, how strong the remaining singers are compared to previous seasons, and why Christina Aguilera is the show’s worst coach by far (1:18:00 – 1:35:10)
- Finally, we talk about how much improvement Suburgatory has made in its second season (1:35:10 – 1:49:15).
You can listen to the podcast above (if you don’t hear anything, fiddle with the volume slider), download it via this link, subscribe to our RSS feed, or subscribe via iTunes. You can also find us on the Stitcher radio app for smartphones and iPads.
By the way, the bumper music is “Trevor Trailer Trash” from the late, great band Cropduster.
Latest posts by Joel Keller (see all)
- AFT #114: ‘The Walking Dead’, ‘The Blacklist’, ABC Sitcom Shenangians, ‘Homeland’ and More - December 5, 2013
- Why ‘The Blacklist’ Needs More Than James Spader to Be a Top-Notch Thriller - December 3, 2013
- AFT #113: ‘Doctor Who’, ‘Walking Dead’, ‘HIMYM’, TV Deaths, Lucy Liu’s Boots and More - November 29, 2013