The fall season is underway, and Jason and Joel are ready to talk all about it, starting with the Emmys:
- We talk about the Emmy Awards show itself — how Jimmy Kimmel did OK during a boring show — then go on to talk about the (mostly) dull and predictable winners (00:00 – 38:30),
- Then we talked the season premiere of How I Met Your Mother and the other CBS Monday comedies, including how 2 Broke Girls and Mike & Molly haven’t skipped a beat (bad in one case, good in the other) (38:30 – 47:00),
- We then talk about the second episode of Revolution, happy that the show might not jerk us around for weeks on end (47:00 – 59:45),
- Then the conversation turns briefly to the renewal for The Voice, and how NBC is doing just as we predicted: running the show into the ground (59:45 – 1:02:00),
- Then we talk about the return of the NBC Thursday comedies, including a solid start to The Office’s final season, a puzzling reboot for Up All Night, and Parks and Rec’s ability to be a quality comedy machine (1:02:00 – 1:23:00),
- Finally, we talk about the premiere of The Mindy Project and how Mindy Kaling might just break a bunch of barriers if the show succeeds (1:23:00 – 1:51:33).
You can listen to the podcast above (if you don’t hear anything, fiddle with the volume slider), download it via this link, subscribe to our RSS feed, or subscribe via iTunes. You can also find us on the Stitcher radio app for smartphones and iPads.
By the way, the bumper music is “Trevor Trailer Trash” from the late, great band Cropduster.
Latest posts by Joel Keller (see all)
- AFT #114: ‘The Walking Dead’, ‘The Blacklist’, ABC Sitcom Shenangians, ‘Homeland’ and More - December 5, 2013
- Why ‘The Blacklist’ Needs More Than James Spader to Be a Top-Notch Thriller - December 3, 2013
- AFT #113: ‘Doctor Who’, ‘Walking Dead’, ‘HIMYM’, TV Deaths, Lucy Liu’s Boots and More - November 29, 2013