Jason and Joel are joined this week by friend of the ‘cast Will Harris of The AV Club and elsewhere, and we start things by asking him about his favorite Random Roles interviews… mainly because he’s done a lot of them lately. We then go on to talk about the stories of the week:
- We talk about the finalists on The Voice, Christina Aguilera on making the show about herself, and why the American Idol final five are better,
- We then talk about Girls once again, and we try to figure out why everyone else loves it and the three of us only kind of like it,
- Then we have a brief talk about this week’s Mad Men, the BJ scene, and why Kiernan Shipka is breaking out acting-wise this year,
- We talk about two NBC Thursday comedies: the 30 Rock live episode and how the west coast lost the Paul McCartney-Kim K. switch, and Community’s spot-on Law & Order parody episode. Oh, and we lather praise on Jon Hamm,
- We then talk about NBC’s decision to premiere Grimm’s 2nd season and Matthew Perry’s new show directly after the Olympics are over, which gives Will a chance to talk about the time when Matthew Perry ignored him,
- Netflix might revive Jericho. Joel whines that there are too many depressing apocalyptic shows on TV already,
- Will talks about getting immersed in a DVD set of the second season of the original Fantasy Island,
- Finally, we talk about why the life of being a TV critic sometimes resembles high school, especially on Twitter. And the funny thing? It’s mostly geeks shutting out geeks.
You can listen to the podcast above (if you don’t hear anything, fiddle with the volume slider), download it via this link, subscribe to our RSS feed, or subscribe via iTunes. You can also find us on the Stitcher radio app for smartphones and iPads.
By the way, the bumper music is “Trevor Trailer Trash” from the late, great band Cropduster.